Friday, September 13, 2002

2 Days Before Period And No Pms



AND YOU, THAT DAY, WHERE?
There are dates that do not forgotten. And that, forever, and 'can associate memories. On 11 September, for all, and 'a date to remember. I was trivially to work. But much less trivial and 'was what' s happened next: the race to the next plane to New York and then the cold dawn in front of the large crater. And where were you? Just a few lines if you want to stop the thoughts of a historic moment.

A cartoon left off. It seems like a metaphor, but on 11 September 2001 was just that, nella realtà. Una trasmissione per bambini chestavo guardando coi miei figli, prima di andare al lavoro, venne interrotta da un'edizione straordinaria del Tg. E nel mondo dell'innocenza e della fratellanza dei bambini irrompe la realtà stupida dell'odio e della morte dinoi adulti. L'odio che apre gli occhi sul "cartone animato" di un mondo in pace che sognavamo dopo la caduta del Muro, e che dopo 12 anni invece ci ributtavadentro un altro incubo, quello della nuova guerra contro un nemico invisibile e nascosto, quell'"odio dei poveri" strumentalizzato da folli fanatici. Fu un senso di vertigine a prendermi, la vertigine di chi si vede spintodentro un baratro. Quando mia moglie arrivò a darmi il cambio feci solo intempo a dire "Stanno facendo un merdaio "and ran to the office. The tragedy was consumed with the collapse of the Towers, and the vertigo gave way to find meaning, hard to stay lucid for the death of thousands of live. Dizziness and confusion that sometimes come back, barking when I hear pundits and politicians who blame one another rebound, like boxers hitting blindly, or continue to do their own interest, the grin of those to whom, in reality, the world does not care.
Andrea Buoso - Venice

I was, as they are now, in preparation. I had just finished lunch and I was in the middle of the casino due to the preparation of a press conference that was supposed to take place the next day. I was preparing the final documents and text messages on my phone began to ANSA anxious about .... I gave the news to colleagues and we were all glued to the TV I do not know how many hours ... I remember that we saw and heard, almost all live. What struck me most, besides the meaning of the immense tragedy that afternoon, was all that I say all, televisions (including regional) supply all the same thing. One thing ever! I'll never forget! I can not
Federico (Cagliari)

I was in office on the phone with a customer. My boss enters breathless opening wide the door: "teresa are bombarding the White House" . Fabio, are the Russians? "I know not." I do not know, I'm reading the Internet. not to scare customers, "he continued," you are following the updates, which are currently being confirmed. "
Teresa

I was beside myself with fatigue: La58.ma Venice had been over for a few days and I, for commitments with various newspapers and websites, I was at the computer trying to convey the thoughts that path the emotions of the film. Suddenly, my husband behind me says, "You know, have brought down the Twin Towers in New York!" Oh really? - I said-and I continued to write, thinking that his imagination galloped a hundred per hour . I felt, by away, the noise of the TV, but I got up. Lunch usually watch the news. I was speechless, breathless, with tears flowing like rivers. How could I believe that he would tell me a joke thing?
Maria De Falco

I was in the car with my mother. As usual, she hates it when I turn up the volume on the radio, but that day I stayed to hear the .... I could not understand what was going on I heard the news on a national radio but I could not connect the word to attack America and the Twin Towers. I only remember that when I succeeded, I realized that the person next to me was screaming, and my crazy phone rang: it was my brother from Dublin, with a desperate voice and disbelief, I explained that there no longer worked the phones and tried to call me already for 30 minutes. I managed to park in a lay-by, I was on the freeway listening to the radio I think for at least three hours ......
Stefania

worked, the TV on, as always without sound, I received an e-mail reported in high-priority .... It said "I am crazy! Watch TV ".... I just look up to understand and only after a long time, 'as if I had to comprehend better, I increased the volume ....
R.

the elevator. We return from lunch. The corridor on the third floor, that of stanza redazione invasa da tutta l'azienda assiepata davanti alla tv. Canale Cnn. ''Un aereo ha colpito le Twin Towers'' declama freddamente il responsabile editoriale. ''Come? Chi? Cosa? Non è possibile!!!'', ci chiediamo. Domande senza risposte. Non c'è tempo. Tutti alle postazioni. Le agenzie sono incontrollabili. Uno scroscio di notizie contrastanti. La separazione dei compiti. Ognuno ha un settore da ricoprire. Ci tremano le mani per l'orrore delle immagini trasmesse in tv, ma dobbiamo continuare. Scriviamo, troviamo le prime foto. Schizza per la redazione il nostro Capo. Volano foglietti di agenzie. Il secondo aereo si schianta sull'altra torre. Il numero dei morti. Le cifre della tragedia. Ma non c'è tempo. Non possiamo fermarci. Dobbiamo scrivere, trovare foto, dichiarazioni. Non c'è tempo per il dolore, ingoiato velocemente davanti allo schermo del computer. Continuiamo. Gli altri aerei. Il Pentagono. E poi il crollo. La prima torre. La seconda. Non ci crediamo. Qualcuno chiama casa. Ma non c'è tempo. Continuiamo fino a notte fonda. Siamo stanchi. Torniamo a casa. Non riusciamo a dormire. Quelle immagini continuano a massacrarci. Dormiamo per poco. Stanchi, impauriti, il giorno dopo siamo pronti a ricominciare.

Laura Bogliolo



Una costante nelle prime risposte. Lavoravamo piu' o meno tutti. Certo, perche’ quel martedi’ era un martedi’ assolutamente qualsiasi. Fino a un attimo prima di quell’attacco that changed the world .

September 11, walk on Viale Trastevere, Rome. Almost at the Piazza Ippolito Nievo in the company of my best friend, Italian American, a message on the phone asking me if I knew of an air attack against the United States. Still not believing it, take a look inside a bar and a TV connected to a newsletter spasmodically there any confirmation that it's all true. But when the voice of the commentator said that "yes, maybe the dead are five thousand. The world stock markets have fallen through the X points," a human disgust us gripping the stomach while the numbers continue to flow to the benefit of financial disaster. We, in silence, we continue to walk home, where telephoned American relatives of my best friends and exchange a few but sad thoughts on the world of information in Italy. It breathed an atmosphere similar to the streets when Aldo Moro was found dead.
Valerie Noli

I was so hypnotized by the City Market goods but for which the monitor always on that something strange was happening in the world by special connections could not divert my attention from the network of special detergents and ultimately persuasive great gift Peter Gabriel and his admirers to arzachena September 7 free concert in the square instead of x raf present a preview of the pieces of his new album / world tour 'up'

Mario



E' passato un anno e il Corriere della sera del giorno dopo mi fa ancora compagnia nella pila di giornali e libri sulla scrivania; di quel giorno ricordo tutto: c'era bel tempo e io stavo studiando per l'esame di "elaborazione automatica dei dati" anche se in realtà stavo combinando poco. Per caso mi sono sintonizzato su radio 24 proprio nel momento in cui davano l'annuncio che il primo aereo aveva centrato una delle Torri Gemelle; poi ero andato a fare una commissione fuori da casa e ritornato accendo la tv per cercare sul televideo notizie sullo schianto. In quel momento (le 15.15) c'erano già in onda le edizioni speciali dei tg perché anche il secondo aereo aveva centrato l'altra tower, I can not tear myself away from TV until the evening. Then there was the war, "the cloth of peace" Emergency, the bad attack of "sheet" Gino Strada, Al-Jazeera videotape of bin Laden, the U.S. day and the day a peaceful demonstration; all, I think, we remember everything. These are the days of remembrance, commemoration of the dead but there is already talk every day of a new war in Iraq. Looking through today, for the time ennessima Courier September 12, 2001, I noticed that the article spoke of Palestinians celebrating after the tragedy (p. 13), was signed by Maria Grazia Cutuli. It was the fall of 2001.
David

I was home, my padre guardava la tv e mi ha avvertita del fatto. Siamo rimasti davanti alla tv fino alle 21:30 circa, registrando anche qualcosa... mio padre mi raccontava di quando era stato a new york, della volta che è salito in una delle torri e poi diceva che sarebbe scoppiata sicuramentela guerra.

Diana



Se posso dirlo io ho un bel ricordo di quel giorno. Avevo da poco iniziato il servizio civile, era martedì, ed avevo anche il pomeriggio. Torno dal mio servizio in ufficio e trovo le colleghe parlare di questi aerei, ci ho messo un po' per capire di cosa parlavano. Mi ricordo la frase scritta per sms ad un'assistente sociale da suo marito (prima che lei sapesse a cosa si riferiva): Domani il Pakistan non esisterà turned over to exultation of joy in the streets of registered throughout the country. This year I hope to not have memories.
Fabio Zancan

When I received the news of the first attack on the towers of New York, I was at work in my office and I must admit that at first I thought about how absurd a trivial plane crash caused by congestion of the airline United States or to the usual damage created by an increasing competition to see how many times the cost of sacrifices manitenzioni and control aircraft "old" for twenty years. When I heard the second, took me by surprise the fact that someone had dared to attack the United States at home. Maybe not believe this but I thought almost immediately that it was bin Laden to make the gesture also because 'a few days before, heard of the death of Massoud, Gettin' a strange premonition and I bring 'to mind the tragedy of "cola" and embassy in Yemen and Sudan. Potra 'seem ridiculous or strange for a simple clerk, but for me, and the geopolitical events that disrupt the world, such as those ending in the tenth page, I've always been curious and I have always followed with a strong attenzione.Quando, around 17 I saw on TV the scene of the collapse of the towers, I thought that if the United States had sold or lost their leadership in the space of a month that the West would fall into the vortex of chaos and distruzione.Forse are exaggerated but it 's what I thought at that moment when I saw all those people flee from the fury of dust and terror more' pure without a guide or a safe direction.
Daniel

I have a strange memory of a year ago on September 11. I was working in Naples, I took a live webcast of the entire escalation of attacks, I like living a dream, or perhaps a nightmare ... I was walking down the street from the office leaving strange ... it was the same feeling you get when you leaves the cinema after seeing a movie you involved in 1000 to 100, I thought about what had happened and I thought, in the hot sun of Naples that afternoon, all too surreal ... people, cars, skyscrapers of business center of my city ... I still could not focus on the mass of events that was going on but I knew it was all happened in reality ... and this state of suspension between dream and reality lasted until ' arrival on the bus to go home ... but here was the extraordinary fact: I began to talk about what had happened to a girl, Rose, soon to become my wife. It seems a story of romance, but it's so true ... how true are the strongly contrasting feeling of having experienced a tremendous day for all humanity but have also lived a wonderful day for me, since I met through those attacks the woman of my life. A memory contrasting wonderful and horrible, but terribly real and strong. The life of humanity underwent a change, the life of a single human being underwent a change.
Pierluigi

honestly do not remember what I did that day. The term that I read are all moving, but do not know how sincere and heartfelt. I remember only the imminence of the fact that the feelings that we read today is not felt, they were all discussing whether it was the fault of the West or the Muslims. (See Oriana Fallaci and Dacia Maraini) Due to the diktat on the topic that does not even feel like a forum, but a contest for the best essay on the subject. Eventually everyone will have the vote.
Justin

A year ago I remember in my company a very important meeting was scheduled for September 11: what they said, the topics on the agenda were of vital importance to establish the future strategies of the group. They had come all the bigwigs, including those of more distant branches. The offices were pulled, polished and there was nothing out of place. The meeting room was ready and was already animating when the riot happened. The news quickly spread. First, people are huddled around the computer connected to the Internet, but most news sites were inaccessible because bombarded by requests for connection. Then at some point it turned out someone with a television, recovered who knows where. The television was seized by the bigwigs, that if they are brought into the meeting room and we were all closed in, from outside and we kept trying to connect to some sites, and mobile home to know or tell. The bigwigs are leaving the meeting room only after several hours, but I have the distinct feeling that business strategies have had to wait for better times. From occurring and dramatic for humanity, the attack on WTC I took several considerations that have enriched my personal point of view but my feeling is linked to employment in those moments turned into a certainty, namely that the work is compelling and essential only if a doverli portare a termine sei tu.

Nerino



Mi trovavo a Bologna per lavoro. Mi telefona un collega e mi domanda se ho sentito dell'areo che si è schiantato sulle Twin Towers. Io chiedo di che areo si trattasse e mi risponde che non lo sa. Subito penso a un areo da turismo che si è avvicinato troppo ai grattaciali e ci è finito dentro, convinto di un incidente senza grandi conseguenze. Per curiosità mi collego a Internet e osservo che la rete è stranamente lenta. Riesco, dopo molti tentativi, a collegarmi al sito di un quotidiano e mi appare un'immagine di catastrofe, rimango senza parole. Dopo aver letto gli articoli nella mente mi scorrono le immagini del viaggio a New York l'anno precedente, la meraviglia tested to see Manhattan from the road that leads from the airport, the amazement at the foot of the Twin Towers tried looking up occhi.Poi I turned off the computer and I got in the car to listen to the radio with an awareness of being a witness of an event than those remember for a long time. Shortly after, putting house in order, I find a postcard of New York entitled "Twin Towers" sent by a friend of mine, around the re-read the message and a sense of awe I feel when I see the date, 11/09/2000 A year earlier, before the dreams of the new millennium vanish in the name of a "business as usual."
Zorba

September 11 in my family is a joyful feast, is the birthday of my grandson that I am very fond, for this reason it is impossible to forget a date! The September 11, 2001 was, as usual, in my office facing a very delicate and important work, so I had the radio on and I was not connected to the Internet. Suddenly burst into my room one of my colleagues agitated announcing that a plane had just crashed on one of the Twin Towers in New York. I must confess that for the moment, maybe because I had taken the problem to solve, I did not give weight to the thing. Then with the passing of the hours came news more and more dramatic in the short and the magnitude of the tragedy took shape in all its brutality. Well! that is, not I think there are still many items that are not already been said! I, like billions of people around the world are still shocked by the attack as a terrorist but certainly not billions of people will never have the idea of \u200b\u200bthe true extent of the damage nor gravity, nor how many people are really innocent and unsuspecting lost their lives in hell.
Anna


I was at work that afternoon and I called for the case to a colleague who was at home and told me he was watching the news on television because a plane had crashed into the WTC, however, still do not know if incident may attack ... I called him later and the second plane had already crashed betty è come nei film di fantascienza anzi è peggio è una cosa allucinante incredibile tutti scappano non è un film è un disastro è una catastrofe. Abbiamo acceso la radio in ufficio e nessuno più è stato in grado di lavorare internet non girava c'era una piccola tv in portineria e sono scesa a vedere ma sullo schermo troppo piccolo si vedeva un parallelepipedo in cui si infilava un oggetto minuscolo come una puntura e poi scoppio fumo fuoco... Quando sono uscita dall'ufficio dovevo andare a fare una commissione in un paese vicino al mio ma zero voglia proprio non mi andava ero come un ebete che camminava fino alla macchina e guardavo tutti quelli intorno a me che facce avevano se erano sconvolti increduli allucinati se già sapevano ma chi non sapeva? sono salita in macchina e ho acceso la radio c'era 105 in diretta da NY e raccontava quello che stava succedendo e i dj facevano anche un appello personale alle famiglie che in genere non si fa dicendo ai familiari di non preoccuparsi di stare tranquilli che stavano bene che erano al sicuro e io non riuscivo a staccare l'orecchio dalla radio e piangevo piangevo piangevo mentre guidavo verso casa...

Betty



Un anno fa ero al lavoro la mattina dell'11 settembre, stavo male e dato che sarei partita il giorno successivo per un viaggio di lavoro ho preso il pomeriggio libero per rimettermi in sesto. Prima la notizia alla radio, " un piccolo aereo si schianta al WTC" , poi un secondo aereo e poi il resto della giornata l'ho spent watching TV with my daughter of 6 years who did not understand, he thought it was a movie and was annoyed because on any TV channel were the cartoons ..... The first thing I did was to take the photos I had taken from above the towers and the landscape of New York knew that was no longer the case. The next day I got on a plane as I did hundreds of other times to go and do my job, everyone said, we are safer today than yesterday, but can we really be sure? Of course with Bush, who seeks nothing but a pretext to bomb someone, there is little to be happy, also because he bombards no excuse.
Patty

I was in the office, alone, I have phoned their grandchildren at home, 12 and 11 years, saying that World War III had broken out. connecting to the internet I knew what had happened ... I called my buddy to tell him to be careful when he returned home from work. I cried watching television all night.
Roberta


story, as Ken Loach, another September 11. To me that was the last day for an abortion. I was pregnant, alone, I got out of bed only to vomit. See live down the second of the two towers was for me as a witness the materialization of my mood, I have not even tried that sense of impending apocalypse that others have described. For me era solo un'altra cosa che crollava, insieme alla mia vita. Oggi mia figlia ha cinque mesi perchè l'11 settembre di un anno fa ho scelto di farla vivere. Oggi mi chiedo con che diritto altri possano scegliere di farla vivere in uno scenario di guerra e di morte. Mi chiedo come sia possibile che la scelta tra la vita e la morte, che a me è costata non so quante lacrime, per chi sta decidendo sulla vita non di una ma di chissà quante persone, sia solo un fatto tecnico. Dopo anni di sedicente e sbandierata civiltà siamo ancora alla legge del taglione, e poi ancora. C'è qualcuno che ha pensato anche solo ad un'ipotesi di politica estera alternativa dopo l'11 settembre? C'è qualcuno che ha versato anche solo una lacrima, oltre che per le vittime of the towers, for which we all cried, not only for the victims of U.S. bombing, but of years of blind and imperialist foreign policy? I hope, nevertheless, that along with tributes to the heroes and victims, there may be space somewhere for those who propose constructive solutions, that are not repeated massacres of innocent civilians. Not only in America.

Elisa

was on her honeymoon, just arrived in Scotland on a flight from Belfast Easy Jet. How strange to check do not check the documents before: I booked via the Internet, the names referring to the flight attendants are on the list, so all ok. I think I could be a sought after and no one would notice, in compenso l'aeroporto di Edimburgo non ha il gate numero 13, si passa dal 12 al 14, saranno scarmantici...atterrati a Belfast noleggiamo una macchina sulla strada arriva la prima breaking news, un aereo si e' schiantato contro il WTC...nessuno sa che tipo di aereo sia, un piper o un elicottero da turismo poi arriva il resto

Fabio



Quel pomeriggio stavo salutando un mio amico, prendevo il classico caffé pomeridiano gustando l'aria di un pomeriggio di tarda estate. Si scherzava e si parlava seriamente sulle prospettive di lavoro future, dovevo raggiungere l'Inghilterra per lavoro fermandomi in Germania per visitare degli amici. Il padre di questo mio amico, dormiva sornione sul divano, svegliandosi pian piano con the smell of coffee. Suddenly the house is shaking in front of the television, then the second plane live, I had the train leaving. At first there was no knowledge of what was happening, the event generated amazement at the television shok caused by the images. Well, travel by overnight train to Milan. Central Station have been there many times. But this morning there was an air really suspended. All the people lined up in silence, not to the ticket, but the newspaper. Well, the journey continues. Through Switzerland with its untouched landscapes, reading the newspaper. Even that strange atmosphere in the train stopped. Arrival in Germany in the evening. On the streets there was air of mourning. Even a market umbro Provencal was interrupted. People already prepared the feast, mood changed completely marching in procession with lighted candles. Continue my journey. Plane from Stuttgart to London. September 15. Scissors and sharp objects in main luggage. Also suspended in air atmosphere. The plane lands soft, but in England they had no more work. Looking for work for so long, but every time I opened a door, a sad face rose without speaking and I mentioned a refusal by moving the head horizontally. As you see dear friends from the forum, the memory of those days will be hard to forget.
Vito

September 11, 2001, I was around the city with my friend, I remember that it was hot and that cell-to-my friend got a phone call from her husband to tell us what was happening. For a moment, then panic and rush home to turn on the TV. The memory seems very close, as had happened a month ago, all the TV tonight is full of "special" that will show the incident scenes, perhaps not so touching for us, but for those who lived through those moments will be a terrible closer recurrence of pain. But one need not (I think for anyone) once again show the planes crashing into the Twin Towers because they are images that we will never forget.
Manuela


0 comments:

Post a Comment