Friday, September 13, 2002

Pierre Balmain Watches



brooklyn

QUANDO SONO ARRIVATO A NEW YORK

Arrivo a New York di notte, dopo un lungo viaggio attraverso Detroit. E’ il primo aereo in assoluto, due giorni dopo il disastro, che atterra in questa “grande mela” ferita e frastornata. Trovo una citta’ ancora gelata dal dolore. L’aspetto piu’ agghiacciante e’ il silenzio. Si prega anche senza parole, semplicemente stando insieme, come in Union Square, proprio a ridosso dell’apocalisse. Vado sulla prima avenue, al Bellevue hospital, dove arrivano i feriti, diventato il punto d’incontro spontaneo di chi cerca qualcuno. Cartoline, biglietti, foto, fiori: hanno costruito quello che chiamano ormai il muro della prayer that in reality 'is a big, frightening monument to infinite hope, unfortunately, often the illusion of finding their loved ones still alive. Many Italian names on the wall of tears: Rossetti, D'Antonio, Di Leo, Caggiano, Tipaldi, The Martyrs, who seeks his cousin Ulysses Micciulli Deanna Galante. Hundreds of Italian names. But it is not 'simple search, I' see in a city where the Italian home catered 'at least half a million. Scarpetta's mother Michelle, 26, asks for help: "She was at 95 floor, someone saw her?" Who has seen another girl, Giovanna Gambale said Gennie? "She was more 'up to the plane nmero 105. Hope. Of torches and tears even dancing, a poignant force against all the violence .... But most songs: desperate, calling for peace. We pray for those who are no 'more' but especially for those who remain. For the future of the world.
No one goes to sleep. The smoke, dense, distressing, perhaps poisoned, rising from the gutted skyscrapers 'sense of a tragedy that unfortunately still not' over. I'm going to see the crater of the apocalypse, that piece of New York who will miss' forever. We continue to dig through the rubble, without a moment's rest. Mayor Giuliani asked to hurry up, 'cause life could not' start if first you do not cancel at least the ruins. The rescue teams are already after only three days' down below street level to the subway line. The work 'difficult and tiring. There are something like 450 thousand tons of rubble piled up the 'where up to Tuesday' were the twin towers. Firefighters are exhausted, but go ahead. Even the community 'and Italian' in mourning. Malberry street, one of the most 'visited the Big Apple, and now' deserted. These days you had to celebrate, as every year, San Gennaro. But it 's been postponed. Certainly not 'the time to celebrate.
It 's been a week. There was the sun also Tuesday 'last year. It seemed the beginning of a beautiful day and yet suddenly and 'all hell broke loose, the dark, at 8.45 am. I go to Brooklyn. Tell me where were the twin towers, you 'were there', just where there is now 'the void. At the fantastic landscape forever miss the skyscrapers 'tall and maybe more' beautiful. There 's a lot of people to pray. And to tell, still dazed. "I was here, I saw everything, even the first plane. Terrible. But this great pain and 'managed to unite." "Since I was born here I come with the dog. I still do not believe it. Still I hope it was a movie." "Of course I since then I do not see a lot of people, friends. Maybe I'm dead but I still hope they come back. "" The towers are missing but I do not want them to be rebuilt. I want a mausoleum, not to forget. "Tears, anger, and ruins while the other side into the large crater in Manhattan continues to dig, with hands, inch by inch as he tells us a fireman. But it will take 'still very time to clear at least the signs of disaster.
Before leaving, a month later, in Italy for three days I decide to go to Boston, from where they started the two air cargo hatred of the terrorists who then crushed the twin towers. I was amazed at two things that might explain the apocalypse. First, and Logan Airport 'still a sieve. Second, I found traces of heavy Bin Laden everywhere. I have been living in the street where his mother (the road 'throughout his) and in the building where two brothers lived. To understand: the enemy of the United States have always had in the house without knowing it. Or they knew it. And it '- a year later - still the question most' disturbing.
Pino Scaccia
Page Apocalypse

0 comments:

Post a Comment